Aligning People with Purpose is a workshop designed by Dr. Brent D. Peterson and is based on the bestselling book Fake Work: Why People are Working Harder Than Ever but Accomplishing Less, and How to Fix the Problem. The workshop teaches individuals to align their behaviors to accomplish the outcomes they want to achieve. They will learn that only they can choose to do what’s right and achieve their highest personal purposes.
Aligning People with Purpose is a workshop based on the bestselling book: Fake Work. It is about work. Specifically, how to do work that is effective and that leads individuals and their organizations to achieve results. The workshop helps smart people do smart work. It is a leadership course in that it helps leaders learn the building blocks of strategy, alignment and execution. It is an individual performance course in that it teaches each person to understand the Real Work tasks they must complete to achieve their specific purposes.
Here is why Aligning People with Purpose is needed:
73% of workers say their organization’s strategies and goals are not translated into specific work tasks they can execute.
70% of workers do not know what to do to support their organization’s strategy.
81% of workers do not feel committed to their organization’s strategy.
87% of workers are not satisfied with the results of their work.
This workshop explores the issues of work and the workplace. Most people work hard, but they don’t feel their hard work is contributing to either personal or organizational results. We have discovered that about 50% of all the work we do on our personal purposes and on our organizational purposes is Fake Work.
Leaders, managers, and employees at every level will be rewarded as they complete this course.
- Significantly increase your ability to get work completed.
- Increase cooperation and communication.
- Find new ways to contribute to your work team and to achieve purposefully results.
- Increase your personal leadership skills.
- Understand the importance of the Strategy‐Alignment‐Execution model.
- Clarify your personal and company strategy and drive Smart Work.
- Discover Fake Work you may be doing and find ways to eliminate it.
- Use your work team effectively to drive Smart Work.
- Select critical, Real Work tasks that are tied to your personal and company strategy.
- Establish plans for completing Real Work tasks.