Results by Design: Creating A World Class Learning Environment
This is a two day workshop designed to prepare each participant to more effectively design workshops that lead to organizational results based on the 4E Learning Model. The participants will learn about this design process by studying and reviewing learning activities that truly make a difference in the learning process.
This workshop focuses entirely on providing participants with new methods and approaches for designing learning experiences. The learning process requires active participation by each participant. This will be a course that focuses on doing as well as on information dissemination.
Indeed, rather than offering a series of prescriptive solutions, theories, answers or techniques, the learning experience will engage participants in a provocative, interactive and highly challenging inquiry around learning design processes.
Results by Design guarantees that your training and learning experiences will transfer back to the workplace. Over the years instructional designers have focused on creating wonderful ways to teach learners in the classroom and to get learners to love the learning experience (Good scores on smile sheets). However, instructional designers have done little more than pay lip service to what causes trainees to use what they learn back at work.
Our research over the years indicates that only 25% of real learning transfer happens in the classroom, while 100% of the focus of instructional designers is the classroom 25%. We unequivocally guarantee that after implementing Change by Design your results will increase by at least 75%.
- Understand and use the 4E Learning Model when designing learning experiences.
- Use Excite stage activities to develop strong preparatory learning experiences.
- Use Experience stage activities to develop strong learning experiences.
- Use Execute stage activities to develop high levels of organizational application of the information gained in the experience phase.
- Use the Evaluate stage to monitor and track the impact of the learning intervention and make adjustments along the way to maximize the implementation of the training.